5 Ways to Be Missional This Labor Day
Labor day is one of those days of rest and rejuvenation. For our Nation its a yearly rhythm of rest that we all enjoy, but can also be leveraged for gospel purposes. Below are 5 ways you can be missional this Labor Day
- Hold a neighborhood barbeque. Invite everyone on the block. If you’ve never done this in your neighborhood, don’t ask them to bring all the food. Partner with a few members of your Missional Community or Small group to pay for the meal. For those who have participated in the past, encourage them to partner with you in bringing a side dish to share.
- If you own a boat or have a place at the lake, Labor Day is a great day for a little cross-pollination. Invite a couple from your Missional Community and invite another couple who are unchurched or dechurched. It’s a great time to introduce friends and build trust between your Christian community and those who don’t yet believe.
- Invite your unchurched friends to join you and another Christian in Something you love. If you love to camp or fish. If you just take the opportunity of Labor Day to hit up a good matinée and some lunch, invite unchurched this is another great opportunity for cross-pollination and trust building.
- Show care to first responders. A lot of people have Labor Day off. Some work it every year. Show love to your first responders. Bring by food or gift packages for your firemen or police officers. Talk to the Fire chief or police chief and see if your Missional Community, Small Group, or church can set up some grills and serve them a meal.
- If school doesn’t start for your community until after Labor Day, serve the underprivileged about to go back to school. Pay a beautician or barber to come in and offer free haircuts. Collect and hand out backpacks and school supplies.
You also might like:
Picture found here