We practice telling the Gospel Story pretty regularly in our church plant and in our Missional Communities. Here’s a great video from the Gospel Project that tells the biblical Story in a pretty cool way with some great classic art. I can’t tell you anything about their bible study, other than it’s put out by a great publishing house. Yet I thought this video was a good way of talking about the Gospel as Story. Check it out:
- How did this telling of the Story resonate with your heart?
- In this telling of the Story, how does the Gospel connect with you?
- What’s missing from this story that you would have liked to hear?
- Who in your life needs to hear this Story? How do you think you can share it with them?
It seems like everybody is jumping on the idea of teaching the Bible as God’s Story. In our Missional Communities, we do this through The Story-Formed Way and through rehursing God’s Story through Creation -> Fall -> Redemption -> Restoration (CFRR). Below is a video by Jerome Gay sharing God’s Story through CFRR:
- What do you think of Jerome’s Presentation?
- What would you add or omit?
- What do you think of the language he uses? What parts are helpful? What part are not?
- What’s the benifit of knowing the Story through Creation -> Fall -> Redemption -> Restoration?
- How is telling God’s work this way better than just telling people about the Cross?
Picture found here: http://images.acswebnetworks.com/1/2096/godsbigstorycolor.jpg
- What did you like about the way this story is told?
- What about the Story resonated with your story, heart, and disposition?
- Who could you share this story with?