On the night in which Jesus was betrayed, he exorted his followers to live in a community of live. He said,
“A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this all men will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” (John 13:34-35)
We’re called to be a community that is exemplified by love, and that witnesses through that that community to the love of Christ.
Watch this short video about this man’s attempts to reach others:
- What was his big mistake in planning his large event?
- What eventually built relationships that led to sharing the Gospel?
- Where are people already meeting in your community? How can you engage people in those venues for the sake of buidling relationships?
- What is keeping you from going there? How can other Christian help you
- How does working together with other Christians make evangelism and community building easier?
- What are your Christmas plans? Can you help hold a Christmas party for your neighborhood or social group? Are their already Christmas parties going on that you can “bring the better wine” to?
For my Core group, Read the Gospel-Centred Life Chapter 8, Look Forward to Eternity.
Check out this site as a great resource for reaching out to your neighbors